There are some artists who make creating this playlist easier than others. The Magnetic Fields, for one, are quintessential, a true hipster love song band (I Don't Wanna Get Over You? Dire). On the other end of the spectrum is Belle and Sebastian, a more plucky, upbeat version of the same. Both are represented on our Hipster Love Songs Playlist in the sidebar (see way below for a track list).
But if we could write a love letter to any band this year, it'd be Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jr., whose covers of countless timeless love song covers, performed live, have made us dance like fools on more than one occasion. Unfortunately we couldn't get the best of their sets on the playlist, so enjoy a little YouTube action--and have a happy Valentine's Day.
Playlist Track Listing
- I Can't Make You Love Me/Nick of Time - Bon Iver
- Andrew in Drag - Magnetic Fields
- Love is All I Am - Dawes
- La Mer - Julio Iglesias
- Emmylou - First Aid Kit
- Falling For You - Weezer
- When You Love Somebody - Fruit Bats
- Piece of My Heart - Erma Franklin
- Dress Up in You - Belle & Sebastian
- Lonely Fortunes - Ha Ha Tonka
- Alike - Efterklang
- Save Me - Aimee Mann
- Valerie - Amy Winehouse
- Heart it Races - Dr. Dog
- Come Pick Me Up - Ryan Adams
- You're My Best Friend - Queen
- All You Ever Wanted - Black Keys
- Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
- Nothing But Our Love - Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jr.